In the context of science, not only national but also international, it is necessary to mention the project of the detailed plan of the area destined for the Sincrotrone light machine, conceived and desired by Prof. Carlo Rubbia (Nobel Prize for Physics 1984) in an area equal to 13 hectares, linked to the Area Science Park of Trieste. In this context, the buildings housing the ‘light machine’ were designed, that is the Sincrotrone ring of circular plan with a 135m diameter and average height of 12 m, the building containing the electrical energy transformation center (1000 sq. m) and a first building destined for offices and workshops. Later the more important building, in terms of dimensions and characteristics, was planned; this building, named building ‘T,’ has a hammer shape, extends over a surface area of 7500 sq. m and rises three stories above ground; internally offices, laboratories, a restaurant and material storage rooms are located. Its aesthetic characteristics - like the other buildings that make the Sincrotrone complex and surrounding the light machine - recall the industrial type but are ‘softened’ - seeing its functions - with wide glassed surfaces facing the open spaces opposite the light machine. As a particular anecdote, the project chose to reuse aggregate from the in-situ rock excavations (karst rock) to package all the visible cement panels of the building façades.